Governor Asa Hutchinson and the Arkansas Arkansas Council are presenting the 2019 Governor’s Arts Awards today in a lunchtime ceremony at the Arkansas Governor’s Mansion.
This year’s recipients are:
- Arts Community Development Award-Steve Clark, Fort Smith
- Arts in Education Award – The Center for Children and Youth, Fayetteville
- Corporate Sponsorship of the Arts Award – Murphy USA, El Dorado
- Folklife Award – Oxford American, Little Rock
- Individual Artist Award – Marjorie Williams-Smith, Little Rock
- Judges Recognition Award – Anthony Tidwell, Hot Springs
- Patron Award – Jim and Joyce Faulkner, Little Rock
- Lifetime Achievement Award – Billie Jo Starr, Fayetteville
In addition to videos highlighting each of the awardees and acceptance speeches, the program will feature remarks by Governor Hutchinson, Department of Arkansas Heritage Director Stacy Hurst and Arkansas Arts Council Director Patrick Ralston.
The recipients will each be presented with a custom made earthenware jar made by Springdale artist Gailen Hudson.