The Arkansas Symphony Orchestra (ASO), Philip Mann, Music Director and Conductor, opens the 2014-2015 Acxiom Pops Live! Series with Bill Conti’s Academy Awards Show. The concert is held at the Pulaski Academy Connor Performing Arts Center, 12701 Hinson Road, Little Rock, AR, on Saturday, October 4, 2014 at 7:30 p.m., and Sunday, October 5, 2014 at 3:00 p.m.
Oscar and five-time Emmy-winner Bill Conti – conductor of the Academy Awards Orchestra and composer of film scores “Karate Kid” and “Rocky” – leads the ASO in a celebration of the big screen. In addition to the lush sounds of live symphonic orchestra, patrons will be treated to an exciting multimedia experience. Patrons of all ages are invited to get popcorn, find a seat, and settle in for an evening of movies, music, and silver screen glitz and glamour.
The Pops Live! Series is sponsored by Acxiom.
Tickets are $19, $35, $49, and $58; active duty military and student tickets are $10 are can be purchased online at http://www.ArkansasSymphony.org; at the Connor Performing Arts Center box office beginning 90 minutes prior to a concert; or by phone at 501-666-1761, ext. 100. All Arkansas students grades K-12 are admitted to Sunday’s matinee free of charge with the purchase of an adult ticket using the Entergy Kids’ Ticket, downloadable at the ASO website.
Bill Conti, guest conductor
- CONTI: “Fanfare – “The Final Bell” from Rocky
- CONTI: “Television Medley” – Olympics ’88, Falcon Crest, Lifestyles of the Rich and Famous, Dynasty, Cagney and Lacey
- CONTI: “North and South” – Theme from the TV mini-series North and South
- CONTI: “An Unmarried Woman” – Theme from An Unmarried Woman
- CONTI (Arr.): “Czardas” – Dueling violins from Unfaithfully Yours
- CONTI (Arr.): “Salute to the Cinema” – Academy Award Show
- CONTI (Arr.): “A Tribute to Walt Disney”
- CONTI: “The Adventures of Huck Finn” – Theme from The Adventures of Huck Finn
- CONTI: “For Your Eyes Only” – Theme from For Your Eyes Only
- MORODER: “Oh What A Feeling” – Theme from Flashdance
- CONTI: “The Right Stuff” – Music from The Right Stuff
- CONTI: “Gonna Fly Now” – Theme from Rocky
ABOUT THE ARKANSAS SYMPHONY ORCHESTRA
The Arkansas Symphony Orchestra celebrates its 49th season in 2014-2015, under the leadership of Music Director Philip Mann. ASO is the resident orchestra of Robinson Center Music Hall, and performs more than sixty concerts each year for more than 165,000 people through its Stella Boyle Smith Masterworks Series, ACXIOM Pops LIVE! Series, River Rhapsodies Chamber Music Series, and numerous concerts performed around the state of Arkansas, in addition to serving central Arkansas through numerous community outreach programs and bringing live symphonic music education to over 26,000 school children and over 200 schools.