This monthly event is for the grown-ups. Why? Because, science is fun…at any age! Science After Dark provides visitors the opportunity to have fun and learn about science in a unique setting. Museum educators pick a science-related topic and build an entertaining, interactive evening around it. You never know what will sprout, pop, fizzle, or glow. We invite you to discover the science of having fun.
February Science After Dark
Science is for Lovers
The Science of Passion
Wednesday, February 26
- Enjoy chocolate and cheeses
- Wine with Jay Bruno
- The Physiology of Passion & Arousal
- Aphrodisiacs, Man- we’ll explore the myths and facts behind aphrodisiacs (foods and herbs said to enhance your passion) as well as anaphrodisiacs (mood-killers)
- A heart dissection
- Circuit Bloxxx- building circuits for adults only!
- Love and Robots- with I-MOD, the museum’s robot
- We’ll also show a film series by Isabella Rosselini that explores the romantic habits of the animal kingdom through performance art.
Cash bar and pizza sold by the slice
Admission: $5 per person; members FREE