“We are thrilled to bring this timeless children’s book to life with the magic of live theatre,” said Todd Herman, executive director of the Arkansas Arts Center. “Audiences young and old are invited to experience the fun and the frolic as Geppetto’s little Pinocchio learns an important lesson.”
Once upon a time there was… a king? A beautiful princess? An evil wizard? No. Once upon a time there was… a block of wood. One day, by a stroke of incredible luck, this commonplace piece of lumber found its way into the skilled hands of Geppetto the wood carver. And so, the world’s most famous marionette, Pinocchio, was born. Come join the fun as the little puppet runs away to discover the world. Meet strange and exciting creatures like the Fox, the Cat, the Blue-haired Fairy, the dreaded Giant Dogfish, and yes – the Talking Cricket.
This production is adapted for the stage by Keith Smith from the original story by Carlo Collodia.
The cast for Pinocchio includes:
- Mark Hansen as Geppetto Patalone
- Genevieve West Fulks as The Blue Fairy
- Margaret Lowry as Pinocchio
- Nate Plummer as Dottore/The Talking Cricket
- Jeremy Matthey as Capitano
- Katie Campbell as Arlecchino/The Lame Fox
- Araya Harrison as Puchinella/The Blind Cat
- Aleigha Garstika as Scapino/Tuna
- Paige Carpenter as Antonio/The Coachman
- Lauren Linton as Asti
- Kenny Barron as Spumanti/Inn Keeper
- Sienna Grace, Richard Nelson, Anna Spollen, Sophie Wacaster, Jasmine Ware, and Demetrius Watts as the Pandemonium Mimes
Keith Smith is the director and playwright for the production. Costumes are designed by Erin Larkin, set design and technical direction by Drew Posey, lighting design by Penelope Poppers, properties design by Miranda Young and Sarah Gasser is the stage manager.
The Arkansas Arts Center Children’s Theatre season sponsor is Arkansas Blue Cross and Blue Shield and the fall season is sponsored by Centennial Bank.
For more information, visit ArkansasArtsCenter.org or call (501) 372-4000. “Like” the Arkansas Arts Center on Facebook for the most up-to-date information on exhibitions, events and educational offerings.