The Fordyce House was built in 1904 for Mr. and Mrs John R. Fordyce. The house was designed architect Charles L. Thompson in an Egyptian Revival style. The Egyptian Revival style is rarely seen in houses in the United States, major features of the style include the porch columns resembling bundles of stalks tied together and flared at the top and the “battered” walls that slant inward as they rise.
The Fordyce ‘s lived in the house until 1920 when it was sold to James Shipton who lived in the house until 1950. The house has remained a single family home through the years.
It was added to the National Register of Historic Places on August 9, 1975.