The monthly architectural history program “Sandwiching in History” visits Oak Forest United Methodist Church, located at 2415 Fair Park Boulevard. The program begins at noon today. A historian with the Arkansas Historic Preservation Program delivers a brief lecture about the church before leading guests on a tour.
The church was founded in 1943 and is located in the Oak Forest neighborhood near UALR. The building was built in 1949 and was designed by Little Rock architect John Parks Almand. The distinctive stone building features elements of the Gothic Revival style as well as a Mission-style parapet and bell tower
Sandwiching in History is a program of the Arkansas Historic Preservation Program, an agency of the Department of Arkansas Heritage.