Now in its 29th year, Small Works on Paper is a juried visual art exhibition that showcases artwork no larger than 18 x 24 inches by Arkansas artists who are members of the Arkansas Artist Registry, an online gallery showcasing the artwork of Arkansas artists.
Forty works are featured in the show that will travel to 10 galleries throughout the state in a yearlong show. The exhibition will make its first stop Jan. 5-29 at the Batesville Area Arts Council’s Gallery on Main on 226 E. Main St.
The entries were juried by Kati Toivanen, professor at the University of Missouri-Kansas City. Ten artists were selected by Toivanen to receive purchase awards. Purchase award winners receive the cash amount equivalent to the value of their selected works. Funded by entry fees, the purchase award pieces become part of the exhibition’s permanent collection.
The artists selected to receive purchase awards are Kathy Attwood of Eureka Springs; Margo Duvall, Amy Edgington and Robert Reep, all of Little Rock; Clarke Galusha of Norphlet; Matt Kaye of Camden; Penny Jo Pausch of Jonesboro; David Rackley and Rachel Trusty of Russellville; and Steven Vickers of Van Buren.
The complete list of artists is below.
- John W. Ahlen, Little Rock
- Joshua Asante, Little Rock
- Kathy Attwood, Eureka Springs
- Sandy Barksdale, Cotter
- James Berg, Hot Springs
- Susan Chambers, Little Rock
- Melissa Cowper-Smith, Morrilton
- Warren Criswell, Benton
- Margo Duvall, Little Rock
- Amy R. Edgington, Little Rock
- L.S. Eldridge, Rogers
- Thad Flenniken, Royal
- Janet Gade-Malone, Hot Springs
- Clarke Galusha, Norphlet
- Angela Greene, North Little Rock
- Lori Halley, Springdale
- Gwen Haverland, Van Buren
- Matt Kaye, Camden
- Kimberly Kwee, Little Rock
- Tim LaTourette, Fayetteville
- Brian Madden, Little Rock
- Jason McCann, Maumelle
- Kasten McClellan Searles, Little Rock
- Stephanie McLeod, Springdale
- Robin Miller-Bookhout, North Little Rock
- Penny Jo Pausch, Jonesboro
- Laura Raborn, Little Rock
- David Rackley, Russellville
- Robert Reep, Little Rock
- Sabine Schmidt, Fayetteville
- Cathryn H. Slater, Little Rock
- Stacy Spangler, Little Rock
- Tod Swiecichowski, Little Rock
- Rachel Trusty, Little Rock
- Steven G. Vickers, Van Buren
- John Watson, North Little Rock
- Judy Wright Walter, Texarkana
The Arkansas Arts Council is an agency of the Department of Arkansas Heritage.