On June 7, 1920, the Little Rock City Council finally authorized the demolition of Little Rock’s 1906 temporary auditorium. The structure had originally been built as a skating rink which, when chairs were added, could be used for public meetings. Since the mid 1910’s, the City Council had discussed tearing it down over safety concerns. But since Little Rock had no other structure as a substitute, the Council kept delaying the decision.
In that capacity he oversaw the renovation of Little Rock’s 1940 municipal auditorium – Robinson Center Performance Hall.