The Arkansas Repertory Theatre has issued another progress report today. And Progress is the operative word!
Since April 24 The Rep has:
- Eliminated all operating debt;
- Sold the Peachtree Apartments, cutting their property debt by half;
- Welcomed seven new board members;
- Reached over 200 students during summer Education at The Rep programs;
- Listened to the community through emails, calls, letters, personal visits, town hall meetings, focus groups, and an online survey;
- Worked with the board, staff and a steering committee to envision the future; and
- Raised more than $720,000 from over 1,300 individual gifts and pledges, all matched by generous grants from the John & Robyn Horn Foundation and the Windgate Charitable Foundation.
With this momentum, the Rep is looking to the future.
- Announcing plans for a 2019 season on November 13;
- Hiring an Executive Director who will report directly to the Board;
- Hiring for critical staff positions throughout this fall and winter;
- Continuing education expansion with community outreach; and
- Continuing Education at The Rep programming – fall classes are underway!
The Rep’s 2019 Season Announcement is set for Tuesday, November 13 at 5:30 PM.
The event is free; if you plan to attend please RSVP by emailing BoxOffice@TheRep.org.