October is Arts and Humanities Month nationally and in Little Rock. Americans for the Arts has identified a different arts topic to be posted for each day in the month. Next up is Food.
The Arkansas Food Hall of Fame declared Catfish as the 2019 Arkansas Food of the Year. Founded in 2017, the Arkansas Food Hall of fame celebrates food and the people who cook and serve it.
Nominations for the 2020 Arkansas Food Hall of Fame are now open!
This food heritage program, now in its fourth year, celebrates our state’s unique foods, legendary restaurants, remarkable chefs, influential food entrepreneurs, and culturally significant festivals and events. Please follow this link ➡️ https://bit.ly/2wpCFft to make nominations in the following categories:
• Arkansas Food Hall of Fame – This award recognizes those long-
standing restaurants that have become legendary attractions in
• Proprietor of the Year – This award honors a chef, cook and/or
restaurant owner in Arkansas who has made significant achievements in the food industry.
• Food-Themed Event – This award honors a community food-themed event or festival that makes our state a great place to live and visit.
• Gone But Not Forgotten – Remembers the collective culinary legacy of a once-and-always influential Arkansas restaurant that has since ceased operations.
• People’s Choice – Identifies the public’s favorite. This award is truly in the hands of Arkansans. The restaurant or food truck that receives the highest number of votes wins.
They will announce the winners at a ceremony on Monday, February 24 at CALS Ron Robinson Theater.