Leading up to that election is a good time to look back at the development of these two MacArthur Park sited museums.
The Museum of Fine Arts opened in October 1937. The groundbreaking was held on January 3, 1936, with the cornerstone laid on October 6 of that year. Nearly one year later, the Fine Arts Club held its first meeting in the building and hosted a grand open house on October 5, 1937.
The front doorway to the museum is visible today inside a gallery of the Arkansas Arts Center.