On March 30, 1908, the Little Rock City Hall held its final meeting in the 1868 City Hall. The new city hall, located at Markham and Broadway streets, was nearing completion. The meeting was presided over by Mayor W. E. Lenon.
The aldermen present were: John A. Adams, John Brod, A. B. Hightower, W. H. Jarrett, Christopher Ledwidge, Louie Miller, Jonathan S. Odom, R. C. Powers, A. L. Smith, George Stratman, Jonathan H. Tuohey, Louis Volmer, and L. N. Whitcomb. Three aldermen missed the meeting: John Herndon Hollis, A. B. Poe and Benjamin S. Thalheimer.
The meeting was filled with typical requests for zoning and street improvements. There was actually nothing out of the ordinary about the meeting. If there was mention that it would be the final meeting, it did not make it into the minutes.
There was a request by the Arkansas Association of Pharmacists to have a meeting at the new building on May 12, 13 and 14. It was referred to the City Hall Committee. At prior meetings, there had also been requests by other groups to hold conferences at the new edifice.
At the conclusion of the meeting, it was noted that former City Clerk Clay Jones had died. A resolution memorializing him was proposed to be presented and adopted at the next meeting.
And with that, the meeting ended. Forty years of City Council meetings at 120 to 122 West Markham came to a close.