Little Rock Winds Chamber Players present Sunday Sonata 3:00 p.m. Sunday, May 19 at Highland Valley United Methodist Church, 15524 Chenal Parkway, Little Rock.
As part of the Diversions chamber concert series, the program features soloists and ensembles of three to nine instruments, including a woodwind trio, a woodwind nonet, a brass quintet, the LR Winds clarinet section.
As the title suggests, the program’s focus is on music written in the sonata form but includes other forms as well, including a couple of popular song transcriptions. I
Tickets are available at tickets.lrwinds.org and at the door and are $15 for adults, $12 for adults 65 and over, and free for students.
- Sonata from the Bankelsangerlieder (brass quintet) – Daniel Speer
- Sonata for Brass Quintet – Henry Purcell / Evans
- Fantasie for alto saxophone – Jules Demersseman
- Petite Symphonie for Nine Winds – Charles Gounod
- Sonatine for bass trombone – Jacques Castérède
- Trio for Oboe, Bassoon and Piano – Francis Poulenc
- Delta Jukebox (bassoon duet) – Peter Schickele
- America from “West Side Story” (clarinet choir) – Leonard Bernstein / Marani
- The Music of the Night from “The Phantom of the Opera” (clarinet choir) – Andrew Lloyd Webber / Lavender
- Puttin’ on the Ritz (clarinet choir) – Irving Berlin / Osterling