104 years ago today, the Pulaski Heights City Council held its final meeting. Following the January 4 annexation election, Mayor L. H. Bradley convened the Pulaski Height City Council for the final time on January 10, 1916.
Five of the eight aldermen were present for the final meeting. E. T. Reaves, R. G. Trickett, W.A. Turner, J. B. Webster, and H.C. Locklar. Absent were J. S. Murphy, J.H. Hicks, and W. H. Keeton.
The City Recorder was A. M. Edwards, while O. E. White was Treasurer and Jonathan P. Streepey was City Attorney.
At the meeting, bills were paid and allowances were made for the transfer of assets and responsibilities to the City of Little Rock. The minutes do not reflect if there were any valedictory addresses by any of the elected officials, which were often the practice in that era.
Once Mayor Bradley and the Council had worked their way through the agenda, Alderman Reaves made the motion to adjourn the council sine die which was seconded by Alderman Webster. The motion passed unanimously. With that, the Pulaski Heights City Council, which had first met in 1904, finished its business.