The Little Rock Wind Symphony opens its 2015-16 season with “British Invasion,” a program of British music for winds. Israel Getzov conducts in his debut concert as the LRWS music director. The concert starts at 7:30pm at Second Presbyterian Church.
The program includes:
- Jacques Offenbach: La Belle Hélène
- Gustav Holst: First Suite for Military Band
- John Williams: Cowboys Overture
- Edward Elgar: Enigma Variations
- Malcolm Arnold: The Padstow Lifeboat
Sponsored by Robert and Jo Ann McQuade.
Admission is $10, $8 for seniors, free for students.
The Little Rock Wind Symphony was created in 1993 to recognize the outstanding heritage of the wind band in Arkansas by providing a performance opportunity for professional and semi-professional wind and percussion musicians.