The Arkansas Symphony Orchestra welcomes Christiane Noll, Capathia Jenkins and Rob Evan for a weekend of Broadway music backed by the ASO.
Under the direction of Associate Conductor Geoffrey Robson, this high energy show brings together exciting vocalists from the Broadway stage performing selections from rock and contemporary Broadway hits. Wicked, The Lion King, Mamma Mia, Rent, The Wiz, The Phantom of the Opera – and many more of your favorites from the stage are featured on this exciting show for all ages!
- Rocks Overture (arr. Fleischer)
- Everybody Rejoice (The Wiz/Smalls)
- This Is The Moment (Jekyll and Hyde/Wildhorn)
- Good Morning Baltimore (Hairspray/Shaiman)
- Jersey Boys Medley
- Total Eclipse Circle of Life (Lion King/John)
- Proud Mary (Fogerty)
- Jesus Christ Superstar Overture (Lloyd Webber)
- Seasons of Love (Rent/Larsen)
- You Can’t Stop the Beat (Hairspray/Shaiman)
- Come Sail Away
- For Good (Wicked/Schwartz)
- Anthem (Chess/Andersson/Ulvaeus)
- I Will Survive
- Defying Gravity (Wicked/Schwartz)
- Mamma Mia Medley (Andersson/Ulvaeus)
- And I Am Tellin’ You (Dreamgirls/Krieger)
- Phantom of the Opera (Phantom/Lloyd Webber)
- Music of the Night (Phantom/Lloyd Webber)
All programs, dates and guest artists subject to change.
Capathia Jenkins, created the role of ‘Medda’ in the hit Disney production of Newsies on Broadway. She made her Broadway debut in The Civil War. She then starred in the Off-Broadway 2000 revival of Godspell. She returned to Broadway in The Look of Love and was critically acclaimed for her performances of the Bacharach/David hits. Ms. Jenkins then created the roles of ‘The Washing Machine’ in Caroline, Or Change and ‘Frieda May’ in Martin Short: Fame Becomes Me, where she sang ‘Stop the Show’ and brought the house down every night.
Christiane Noll was nominated for both the 2010 Tony Award and Drama Desk Award and won a Helen Hayes Award for her portrayal of Mother on Broadway in the Kennedy Center Revival of Ragtime. She made her Broadway debut starring in Jekyll & Hyde, creating the role of Emma. Ms. Noll received an Ovation Award for her comedic turn as Hope Cladwell in the National Tour of Urinetown, wowed audiences again as Vanna Vane in the new musical The Mambo Kings, soared as Jane Smart in the American premiere of The Witches of Eastwick, and most recently received another Drama Desk nomination for her work in Chaplin.
Rob Evan has performed in seven leading roles on the New York Stage including the original Broadway cast of Jekyll & Hyde, playing the title roles for three years and over 1,000 performances worldwide. He also appeared on Broadway as Jean Valjean in Les Miserables, Kerchak in Disney’s Tarzan, “The Dentist” in Little Shop of Horrors, and Count von Krolock in Jim Steinman’s Dance of the Vampires. Off-Broadway, Rob created the roles of The Dancin’ Kid in Johnny Guitar and the hero Miles Hendon in Neil Berg’s m.