If you are like me, you’ve been receiving notifications about Arkansas Gives Day for months. Well, today is the day! From 8am until 8pm, you can help grow the love for Arkansas’s nonprofit organizations by making a donation to the charity of your choice. The event is sponsored by the Arkansas Community Foundation.
As a special incentive to give, each gift made through ArkansasGives on April 6, 2017, will be matched with additional bonus dollars; the more you give, the more bonus dollars your favorite charity will receive.
Nonprofit organizations and other tax-exempt charitable organizations may participate if they:
- Are headquartered in Arkansas or have a base of operations in Arkansas.
- Have 501(c)(3) tax exempt status under IRS code AND are qualified as a 509(a)(1), (a)(2) or (a)(3) organization or as a private operating foundation.
The minimum amount is $25; there is no maximum amount you may give. You may designate up to 10 charities per transaction.
Accepted Forms of Payment: Visa, MasterCard, Discover and American Express credit cards online.
You will receive an email receipt of your gift; please retain it for tax purposes. Unless you choose to remain anonymous, your donor information will be sent to the nonprofits to which you give.
Here is a list of cultural organizations which offer services within the boundaries of the City of Little Rock.
- ACANSA Arts Festival
- Arkansans for the Arts
- Arkansas Arts Center
- Arkansas Chamber Singers
- Arkansas Humanities Council
- Arkansas Museums Association
- Arkansas Repertory Theatre
- Arkansas Symphony Orchestra
- Ballet Arkansas Inc.
- Brandon House Cultural & Performing Arts Center
- Central Arkansas Library System Foundation
- Chamber Music Society of Little Rock
- Clinton Presidential Center
- Film Society of Little Rock
- Little Rock Wind Symphony
- Museum of Discovery
- Old State House Museum 1836 Club
- Opera In The Rock, Inc.
- The Oxford American Literary Project
- Preserve Arkansas
- Quapaw Quarter Association
- Riverfest Inc.
- The Weekend Theater
- Wildwood Park for the Arts
There are MANY MANY MANY other worthy nonprofits which are participating. But since this is a culture blog, only the cultural institutions are listed. But please consider visiting the website and perusing the entire list.